Wastewater flow rates can be used to roughly determine the number of people served, however, using this data to estimate the numbers of visitors in town at any given time is not precise. Some factors that come into play are-
- Low-flow fixtures reduce water usage
- Water usage can vary widely from 70-120 gallons per person per day
- Visitors in town for the day only as opposed to those that stay overnight
- Special events in the area that could cause a spike.
- Infiltration and Inflow (which we are constantly working to eliminate).